44 Bestari Jaya hostel buildings ready to be reoccupied by 1st July
Dr Halimah during a visit to the sewage plant on the Bestari Jaya Campus.
BESTARi JAYA – Forty four (44) hostel buildings in the Bestari Jaya campus that have been closed due to sinking landand sewage piping problems will be ready for students to reoccupy on July 1.
The news comes as a relief to students who are expecting to move back in as promised, by this time.
The State Exco for Education, Higher Education and Human Capital Development, Yang Berhormat Puan Dr Hajah Halimah Ali says that repair work costing up to RM60 million has gone smoothly and is finishing upas scheduled.
Dr Halimah adds that the problem in the sewage system, which started since the opening of the university, has been the main reason behind the closure of the hostels.
“We have solved the issue by using German technology where it involves inserting new pipes into the older ones with epoxy resin. It is guaranteed to last up to 500 years.
“This technology saves up a lot of time and the results are very impressive. The sewage system now functions very efficiently,” she said during a visit to the hostels and sewage plant on June 24.
President and Vice Chancellor, Prof Dr Anuar and Project Director, Ahmad Mohd Taib were also present.
Prof Anuar said he didn’t deny that there was a decrease in student intake at the Bestari Jaya campus, compared to that of Shah Alam.
He believed much of this is due to the problems above but now glad it has been fixed.
“Students don’t have to worry anymore as the hostels are now ready to be reoccupied starting July 1,” he said.
All 44 hostel buildings were closed for repair a year ago. The university’s management made the decision after fearing for the safety of the students that could be compromised due to the environmental and/or physical hazards.
The state government then followed up with instructions to start repairs and completed by July 1 this year.
Achievements of UNISEL
- "UNISEL Pusat Lahirkan Atlet Kayak" - YB Tuan Amirudin Shari
- "Nak buat lawak juga perlukan ilmu" - Man Raja Lawak
- Terima Kasih Universiti Selangor
- Penduduk Sepang sahut cabaran Larian Universiti Selangor 2017
- Presiden dan Naib Canselor bertemu pentadbiran universiti bincang hala tuju UNISEL
- Majlis Watikah Perlantikan MPP UNISEL sesi 2017/2018
- Pilihan Raya Majlis Perwakilan Pelajar UNISEL berjalan lancar
- Projek Wakaf Gazebo UNISEL pertama di SMK Rantau Panjang
- Wujudkah Demokrasi Sebenar di Malaysia?
- Proses Penamaan calon MPP UNISEL berjalan lancar di kedua-dua kampus