UNISEL receives international recognition from the UN
SHAH ALAM – UNISEL has receivedinternational recognition for being chosen by the United Nations as the first ever university in Asia to host the 2014 Engaged Learning and ICTD in the University Curriculum International Conference.
The UN is confident that UNISEL will be able to deliver given the establishment of the Asian Institute for Development Communication, AIDCOM (a UN-endorsed organisation) under the Faculty of Communication and Media.
The conference, which has never been held outside of Europe before, will be collaborated by Cornell University of New York, the United Nations and the Asian Pacific Training Centre for ICT and Development (UN-APCICT/ESCAP)with UNISEL and AIDCOM as the main organisers. It is scheduled to run for two days, starting tomorrow on 3 June at the Concorde Hotel, Shah Alam.
Communication and Media Faculty Dean, Prof Dr Azmuddin Ibrahim says that apart from being the first Asian host, the highlight on ‘Engaged Learning’ in this year’s conference is part of the UN’s agenda in encouraging more cooperative efforts between universities and the community.
“It’s a concept that the UN tries to promote to students and ‘Engaged Learning’ is one of its many approaches.
“One of the main objectives for focusing on ‘Engaged Learning’ is to create the opportunity for everyone, especially children to have access to basic education.
“By making education available to all, it would help to eradicate poverty along the way too,” he adds.
The conference tomorrow will be officiated by the State Exco for Education, Higher Education and Human Capital Development, Yang BerhormatPuan Dr HajahHalimah Ali. AIDCOM’s Chairman, DatukKadir A Jasin, UN-APCICT/ESCAP Director, Dr Hyeun-Suk Rhee and International Emeritus Professor Dr Royal Colle among others will also be present.
Achievements of UNISEL
- "UNISEL Pusat Lahirkan Atlet Kayak" - YB Tuan Amirudin Shari
- "Nak buat lawak juga perlukan ilmu" - Man Raja Lawak
- Terima Kasih Universiti Selangor
- Penduduk Sepang sahut cabaran Larian Universiti Selangor 2017
- Presiden dan Naib Canselor bertemu pentadbiran universiti bincang hala tuju UNISEL
- Majlis Watikah Perlantikan MPP UNISEL sesi 2017/2018
- Pilihan Raya Majlis Perwakilan Pelajar UNISEL berjalan lancar
- Projek Wakaf Gazebo UNISEL pertama di SMK Rantau Panjang
- Wujudkah Demokrasi Sebenar di Malaysia?
- Proses Penamaan calon MPP UNISEL berjalan lancar di kedua-dua kampus