Photography Student’s Masterpiece Gets Second Place
Muhd Faiz Bin Fauzi, a final semester Diploma in Photography Technology student here (UNISEL) has emerged as first runner up in the “Ecohydology Appreciation of the Putrajaya Lake and Wetlands” photography competition, in conjunction with the Hari Wilayah Perseketuanand World Wetland Day celebrations recently. Organised by the Putrajaya Corporation (PPJ) from the 1st- 2nd March 2014, the competition was divided into four categories; open to primary and secondary school pupils, university and higher learning institution students as well as the general public.
MuhdFaiz tells us that he was not expecting to win anything and that his second placing in the university/higher learning institution category came as a huge surprise. This, he adds, was due to the fact he felt he came in as the underdog, faced with tough competition from contestants who he regards highly of. The winners were presented with their certificates and cheques at the prize giving ceremony that took place on the final day of the competition on the Putrajaya lakeside at Dataran Putra, Putrajaya.
“I would like to thank all my lecturers at the Art and Design Faculty, UNISEL for having taught me all that I need to know on the elements of photography such as composition, colour and the diverse lens applications which have helped me tremendously.
“My thanks too go out to my family and friends who have always prayed for my success,” Muhd Faiz says.
Muhd Faiz takes up photography as a pastime and for him;being in the competition was a new challenge.
“I like to be close to mother nature- the natural elements bring me peace and tranquillity. And having a camera allows me to capture those moments which I can share with everyone else,” he explains.
According to MuhdFaiz, there were more than 400 entries that were received in his category. He expresses that he couldn’t be happier to have finished among the top ones and come out a winner.
Lecturers from the Art and Design Faculty feel the same way too and are very proud of his achievement. They hope to see other students following in his footsteps.
Achievements of UNISEL
- UNISEL Jalin Kerjasama dengan Majlis Sukan Negara dan Majlis Sukan Negeri Selangor Menerusi Program “One State One University One Centre”
- Kepentingan disiplin dalam dunia pendidikan kanak-kanak
- UNISEL Anjur Syarahan Mmum Pendidikan Islam bersama Dr. Ghazali Basri
- UNISEL ingin lahirkan siswa aktif berpersatuan
- UNISEL dan PKPIM Anjur Perkampungan Menara Gading Kebangsaan 2017
- Hijrah Selangor sokong UNISEL lahirkan usahawan dalam kalangan pelajar universiti
- "UNISEL Pusat Lahirkan Atlet Kayak" - YB Tuan Amirudin Shari
- "Nak buat lawak juga perlukan ilmu" - Man Raja Lawak
- Terima Kasih Universiti Selangor
- Penduduk Sepang sahut cabaran Larian Universiti Selangor 2017