"UNISEL banner a hit", writes the NST
As part of their event management project, 30 students from the Faculty of Communication and Media have organised a sign and pledge event for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which began on Sunday March 16, 2014 at KLIA’s observation deck.
At the height of the on-going investigation on the whereabouts of the missing plane, many members of the local and international press were present. Some, including The New Straits Times (NST), Bernama, Harian Metro, TV9, Channel News Asia from Singapore and TV Globo from Brazil came to talk to the lecturers and students about UNISEL’s involvement.
Pn. Uzaimah Ahmad Nizam, the lecturer overseeing the project, says her students first came up with the idea by having organised a similar event on campus at UNISEL Shah Alam.
“We started with a much smaller banner for students and university staff to sign on. The banner was placed at the student foyer or greenhouse as we call it and word started spreading out.
“We were happy that we received the kind of support we did from students and pleased to have had the Vice Chancellor, Prof.Dr.Hj. AnuarHj. Ahmad and Faculty Dean, Prof.Dr.Azmuddin Ibrahim be part of it too,” says Pn. Uzaimah.
Not long after the signing took place at Shah Alam, the team led by project director, Muhammad Hasif Ibrahim decided to take things up a notch by printing a bigger 60-metre long banner and 2000 car stickers to start getting the public involved in their project.
The project, ‘Sign for Hope’, involves signing and well wishing on a banner designed by the students themselves. Car stickers with the same design were also distributed to those who stopped by.
KLIA’s observation deck is one of three venues the students have planned to visit. Their next two stops would be Dataran Merdeka and KLCC shopping centre in Kuala Lumpur.
Achievements of UNISEL
- "UNISEL Pusat Lahirkan Atlet Kayak" - YB Tuan Amirudin Shari
- "Nak buat lawak juga perlukan ilmu" - Man Raja Lawak
- Terima Kasih Universiti Selangor
- Penduduk Sepang sahut cabaran Larian Universiti Selangor 2017
- Presiden dan Naib Canselor bertemu pentadbiran universiti bincang hala tuju UNISEL
- Majlis Watikah Perlantikan MPP UNISEL sesi 2017/2018
- Pilihan Raya Majlis Perwakilan Pelajar UNISEL berjalan lancar
- Projek Wakaf Gazebo UNISEL pertama di SMK Rantau Panjang
- Wujudkah Demokrasi Sebenar di Malaysia?
- Proses Penamaan calon MPP UNISEL berjalan lancar di kedua-dua kampus